Deposits are required at time of booking, balance is required in full 7 days prior to course date.
Please note we reserve the right to amend course prices or run promotions at any time, without prior notice. Once a booking is made, the price paid is final and no price difference can be refunded in the event of a later course price reduction.
All course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
In line with new legislation, consumers may wish to visit the following website in the event of any dispute European Online Dispute Resolution.
Aestique is unable to offer refunds for cancellations outside of our control, i.e. adverse weather conditions, terrorist attacks, flooding, industrial action or Visa refusals. An alternative training date will be offered. The Academy is not responsible for any loss of income, accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
In the event of a genuine reason for cancellation (proof of which may be required); of a confirmed training date notified prior to the booked training date, a request for a transfer will be considered at the discretion of Aestique. If successful, an administration fee of £50.00 per course date will be charged. Non-attendance where no prior notice is given will be handled at the discretion of Aestique and may result in loss of course fees. This is applicable only to courses booked at full price only.
Should you be unable to attend a confirmed training date for medical reasons, a valid medical certificate covering the named student and day of the booked training will be required to waiver the fee to reschedule. Under medical or compassionate circumstances (proof of which may be required) and where immediate reschedule might not be possible; a credit for all or part of the course fee may be placed on file as a gesture of goodwill. Credits will be valid towards training courses only and run for a period of up to 6 months from the date of issue at which time the course fees would be forfeited. No refund of course fees can be issued.
Booked training is non-transferable to an alternative student. Please ensure the booking is made giving the correct name of the person attending the course at the time of making payment. Amendments to this will be chargeable at £50 per course date/person, where possible for a change to be accommodated and a minimum of 48 hours’ notice prior to the course date is required, in writing.
In the event that Aestique should have to cancel your course for reasons outside of our control; we will endeavour to give students at least 24 hours’ notice of any cancellation by telephone and/or email. The Academy is not responsible for any accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
All practical training must be completed within 6 months of booking your course, unless otherwise agreed in writing at the time of booking. Should you fail to attend your original training dates for any reason and the course is removed from the prospectus or course content is amended, no refund or difference in courses fees will be offered. You may however, look to use the course fees on file as a credit towards payment for an alternative course of your choosing within 6 months of the original date of booking. Students who fail to book, attend or reschedule training within 6 months of enrolling upon their course (taken from date of making first payment) will forfeit any course fees paid. We cannot offer any refunds, credits or alternative training in such circumstances.
Please arrive at the venue for 9.45am for a 10.00am start. Courses finish at approximately 4.00pm. If you arrive late you will be refused entry to the training. This is to avoid disruption for other students on the course. In the event that you are refused entry, please be advised a fee of £50 will apply to reschedule your training for another date. Please therefore ensure you allow sufficient time for travelling. Make use of Google maps on smart phone or print map/directions from our website when planning your journey, to assist you to locate the centre on the training day.
All students must attend the full training day until 4pm. Should you choose or need to leave a course before the approximate end time of 4pm, you will forfeit any course fees and may not achieve your diploma.
Once you have booked a training course you will receive an email within 24 hours to confirm the booking (for bookings made within office hours. Outside of these hours; confirmation will be sent on the next working day).
If booking a course online, please note that your booking is not confirmed until a Confirmation Email has been sent by our Booking Team to acknowledge your booking. The online payment receipt does not form a guaranteed or confirmed booking.
If booking last minute courses or courses scheduled for within less than 48 hours, please call to book so that we can confirm availability to you prior to payment. Where a course booked online outside office hours is unavailable or cancelled, an alternative date will be offered or a refund of the course fee paid will be given within 7 working days.
No reimbursement will be made for travel/accommodation/childcare costs for cancelled/unavailable courses booked at last minute online. Where booking online less than 24 hours prior to a scheduled course date, please call us at 9.00am on the day of the training to confirm your booking has been received and chosen training is available.
Diploma certificates are issued by email within 2 working days of attending your training course and completing any theory required to prove competency. Certificates are provided as a digital certificate to meet the needs of insurance providers & reduce our carbon footprint. Students are responsible for ensuring they contact us by email within 30 days of attending their training course, should they fail to receive their diploma certificate for any reason or should there be any error in the certificate received. Beyond this time, the below fees for replacement certificates would apply. If you require your certificate to be reissued in a new name, we would require evidence for the reason for change of name plus the standard replacement certificate fees.
Students wishing to purchase a replacement certificate or hard copy of their diploma may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies by post are charged at £10 per certificate when requested within 30 days of attending the training. For hard copies, please note the diploma will take the identical format as the PDF diploma provided to you by email and will be simply a printed copy on plain card for your convenience. For this reason many students will find it more economical & quicker to print their diplomas at home where required for display purposes etc. Many beauty insurers prefer to receive the digital diploma supplied by email.
- Replacement certificates (sent by email and hard copy by post) for training completed within the last 18 months is £15 per certificate required
- Additional hard copies are available for £10 extra per certificate (in addition to the reissuing fee above when requested as part of a replacement request).
Once we have received an email, along with payment details, we will be able to process your request. Diplomas are emailed &/or posted out within 7 working days of receipt of your request, as applicable.
Online Courses / Student Portal
Students who book online courses will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of booking which will include details of how to access the Student Portal & unique login information. We recommend students to access the portal and download/save a copy of any additional reference documents available for your course including course manuals/assignments/workbooks etc. as soon as possible as access period is limited depending upon the course booked.
By accepting the terms presented when first logging in to the Student Portal, you confirm acceptance that this will expire your cooling off period immediately (if applicable). Once you have accessed the Student Portal, no changes will be possible to make to your enrolment. Please check the details given on your first login and update these as required before accessing the portal to ensure all details are correct on our system for you.
Online courses require completion of theory assignments and some case studies at home (for which you will need to work on friends/family and have access to basic products at home). Once you have completed all assignments, you will be issued with the diploma. You will need to submit all theory assignments through the portal and email your case study treatment evidence to email@example.com
During your training
During your training you will be required to give and receive treatments. unless stating at booking stage that you wish to provide own model.
Please note courses may be mixed sex groups. Male students are required to provide a female model for waxing courses. If you have personal or religious reasons where you require training in a same sex environment only, please discuss this with our Course Advisors before booking.
All courses are taught only in English. All students are therefore required to have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken. This is essential so that the tutor is able to assess a student’s competence of all required aspects of the diploma. Students must advise of any language issues at the time of booking so necessary arrangements may be made to accommodate.
Should a student be unable to demonstrate the required level of English to participate fully within the course, they may be refused the diploma and would unfortunately forfeit any course fees paid. Therefore it is important to discuss this prior to booking if you feel this may be an issue affecting your learning and course participation.
Please make us aware of any health conditions and/or medications currently taken that may affect your practical training or assessment days. Due to health and safety reasons, we do not allow students who are under 12 weeks or over 32 weeks pregnant to partake in practical training or assessment days.
All students are required to disclose any medical conditions at the time of booking, which will be dealt in the strictest of confidence. Some conditions may impede ability to participate fully within a course. An important part of training is to deliver and receive treatments.
Adjustments will be made to accommodate medical conditions where possible and practical. A medical certificate may be required in line with our insurance obligations. Where students are unable to receive treatments for medical reasons, a female model may be requested to be provided by the student for each training day.
Failure to disclose known medical conditions at the time of booking or to provide a female model where requested, which later prevent participation in a particular course may result in forfeit of course fees.
Special Training Needs / Requirements
It is very important you make us aware of any special needs you may have in order to make your practical training or assessment days run smoothly. Where possible we seek to include students with special requirements within our main course delivery. However for some students this may not be possible. Many students with special training needs prefer and gain the most benefit from tailored training on a one to one basis. However if one to one training is required additional fees will apply.
Beauty Insurance (Public Liability Insurance)
Following your practical training, you will receive a certificate or diploma by email (as discussed above) which will allow you to apply for beauty insurance to allow you to begin working on members of the public. This will allow you to begin working on a self-employed basis (mobile) and to take payments should you wish. Our courses are covered by a number of insurance providers including The Beauty Guild…You must ensure you register with HMRC regarding any tax/national insurance applicable to any income earned on this basis.
We recommend The Beauty Guild insurance with a discounted cover available for The Aestique students.
Please note if you wish to obtain cover with a specific insurer, you must check with the insurer prior to booking your course that they will accept our Diploma. Most insurers will however accept the qualifications. Insurers work to their own discretion over preferred training providers and this is beyond our control.
If you hold an existing policy, you are responsible to ensure the insurance provider will extend your cover to include the new treatment(s) and for covering any cost to make changes Aestique cannot accept responsibility for issues resulting with insurance companies where students fail to check this prior to booking.
In the unlikely event your training course with us does not meet your expectations, in the first instance please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your feedback or complaint. This email must be received in writing within 7 days of your training course. We take all feedback and complaints very seriously and this will be investigated as required. You will receive a response in writing within 7 working days.
For all other enquiries please contact:
For existing student support regarding coursework or assessment related issues/queries: email@example.com
For all queries relating to existing bookings, cancelling/rescheduling dates, diploma certificates or kits: firstname.lastname@example.org
Code of Conduct:
To ensure all learners are given the best opportunity to learn, we would ask the following code of conduct is adhered to at all times:-
- Punctuality is essential with all learners to arrive for 9.45am prompt and training to finish at 4pm. Allow adequate time to travel to the training centre. You will be refused entry if you arrive late for training. There is a transfer fee of £50 per training date to reschedule your training if you arrive late. Please note training may run over end time depending on student progression.
- Attendance of training days is compulsory. Failure to attend scheduled training can result in removal from your programme. Genuine reasons will be subject to the discretion of Aestique and handled under our above policy on rescheduling of training. This may be subject to rescheduling fees.
- Learners are required to purchase at their cost & wear a suitable beauty uniform (tunic) to training / assessment dates unless stated otherwise on course confirmation letter. Nails should be short, hair tied back. Eyelash and Nail extensions should be removed (where appropriate to the training course being attended). For health and safety, all jewellery should be removed except a plain wedding band and small stud earrings.
- All learners are expected to fully participate including giving and receiving treatments. Any exceptions (e.g. medical reasons) to this must be agreed at the time of booking and a female model may be required to be provided by the student in order to participate.
- Please make the tutor aware of any medical conditions or learning difficulties which may impact your learning (these should previously have been discussed at the time of booking to ensure suitability for the training). This can be discussed with the tutor upon arrival at the centre, in confidence. This will allow the tutor to best support you throughout the training day and make any adjustments possible to assist you to gain the most from your training.
- Use of mobile phones is prohibited during training and should be turned off outside of agreed breaks.
- No smoking, use of e-cigarettes/vaporisers or chewing of gum within the training salon.
- Students must not consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during attendance of the training or assessment day(s). You may be asked to leave the centre where we have reason to suspect such influence, and the police may be contacted if appropriate.
- The training centres operate a mixed sex basis for training days and you must be prepared to give and receive treatments from students of the opposite sex. If there are any reasons of belief, faith or religion which prohibit this, please advise before booking. Male students will be required to provide a female model for the waxing courses and assessment days.
- Be courteous and respectful to tutors and other learners. No use of foul language. Abuse of any kind including racism will not be tolerated.
- Verbal, physical or written abuse will not be tolerated and will result an immediate verbal warning from the tutor. Should the conduct continue, you will be asked to leave the training immediately. You will not receive your diploma and will forfeit all course fees paid.
- Should an issue arise on your training day in relating to other learners on the course or if you are experiencing difficulties with the course, please immediately notify your tutor so action can be taken or advice given to support you as required as it is sometimes difficult to rectify issues later and this will allow you to gain the most from your training day experience. Any issues will be handled in the strictest confidence but will not be permitted as grounds for any refund of course fees or for additional training, where this is not raised on the training day to enable remedy.
- Learner feedback forms are to be completed at every training session and are compulsory where requested.
- Photographic ID must be shown to the tutor at every training day to gain admission to the centre, if requested. Entry may be refused without this.